Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Obsidian Obscession

Yesterday I sent out an email to my bead show contacts stating I was going to use Facebook more to reach customers and to please "like me"...(you know, high school re-lived via the internet) and one very insightful lady asked why I didn't write on my blog more.  Well, outside of being lazy (okay beading instead of writing), I hadn't done or experienced anything note worthy in my opinion...she disagreed, so I am going to write more.  

She asked if I was going to polish the Obsidian I brought home and that reminded me that I have a beautiful cabochon of Obsidian I have yet to use, which reminded me of a class I want to teach, which reminded me of a book!  As beaders we all share patterns, ideas, projects and maybe even sometimes when we probably shouldn't--we are just so excited about a cool pattern we want EVERYONE to experience it.  So, in my way I try to help artists by talking about them and recommending their sites, books, patterns, etc.  With that in mind, I have another book I want to plug.  "Dimensional Bead Embroidery" by Jamie Cloud Eakin.  If you are looking to "UP" your embroidery skills and ideas, this is the book.  She has some amazing techniques, things that make you go "oh, duh".  Or "Oh, Wow"; and that is a book worth having.  
Dimensional Bead Embroidery: A Reference Guide to Techniques (Lark Jewelry & Beading)

No comments:

Post a Comment