Sunday, August 12, 2012

Obsidian in it's Natural State


Ok all you beaders...it's been a really long time since I posted.  I have to admit I have been in the Pacific NW having an awesome time enjoying nature.  I have to post this...the photos are not great, but ladies....this is Obsidian....pure obsidian. It is shiny, black and so beautiful you will want to bead it.  The rocks I am sitting in are so black and shiny they take your breath away.  We collected a few pieces but they are so rough.  If anyone gets an opportunity to work with Obsidian, go for it.   There is an amazing history behind this lava flow.  It is the youngest flow and it is one of the few Obsidian flows.  Located south of Bend Oregon, in the Newberry Crater area, this flow is 1 mile long.  There are no words....

No comments:

Post a Comment